Friday, August 28, 2020

It's Time for...SPACE FORCE!!!

And speaking as we were earlier this week of the great Buchanan and Goodman and their Flying Saucer records, here's the great Albert Brooks, from 1975, and his brilliant homage/parody of same -- "Party From Outer Space." Featuring phony hits as the cut-ins.



BTW, the album the above is from -- A Star is Bought -- is one of the genuine post-modern masterpieces of its genre, and I highly recommend it; order it over at Amazon HERE. I guarantee you'll thank me -- it's worth it for the dead-on parody of a 1940s radio show a la Jack Benny alone.

Have a great weekend, everybody!!!

2 comments:

pete said...

great stuff! Have you heard Steve Martin's "Comedy Minus One"?

elroy said...

I think that's Albert's as well...where you can join in a skit with him and Henny Youngman?

God do I sound old...