Monday, February 01, 2021

Your Monday Moment of "I Know I Often Don't Get the Memo, But How the Hell Did I Miss This One?"

From 1986, please enjoy singer/drummer Luis Cardenas and his beyond transplendent video for a remake of Del Shannon's classic (and obviously timeless) "Runaway."

With stop-motion dinosaurs.

Apparently, I'm the only person on the planet who hadn't seen this before, but I swear to god I was unaware of it until last night.

In any case, apart from the whole thing being hysterically funny -- AND a very nice version of the song -- it was really nice to see Del as the cop at the very end.

Hmm...I think I'll repost about Del's posthumous farewell album tomorrow. Which in case you haven't heard it, is a genuine pop masterpiece.

1 comment:

Mark said...

That clip is great, not only for Del Shannon's appearance as a police officer, but Donny Osmond as the angry citizen who calls the police. Some looking around led me to a Making of Runaway documentary, which looks more like a Rob Reiner-style mockumentary. See
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_OrSTTpVRI