Sunday, June 27, 2021

Wassup? Psychedelically Speaking, of Course

And talking about the great Rob Laufer as we were the other day, with his astounding performance of The Lovin' Spoonful's "Darling Be Home Soon"...

...have I mentioned that Rob sings the vocals on track two from my old band The Floor Models new tribute album to The Byrds?

Pretty freaking great, I think. Those harmonies aren't on the original version, BTW, and I think the song's composer David Crosby would dig the hell out of them.

I should add that the album is rolling out on all the usual suspect digital platforms in the next few days, and a CD version will be available by the end of the week.

4 comments:

paulinca said...

Excellent Byrds cover. I think Darling is my favorite Spoonful song. Had the privilege of seeing John Sebastian seven years ago. He signed my Woodstock poster and was cool enough to make small talk. A wonderful guy!

Billy B said...

Saw the Spoonful on Ed Sullivan last night on ME-TV. From about late 66 early 67. Sebastian was playing his autoharp and Yanovsky was clowning around.

Very nice.

steve simels said...

I met Sebastian in the early 90s, at a screening of the Isle of Wight rock festival movie. I was in full I'm not worthy mode, and he couldn't have been nicer. A genuine thrill.

Sjm said...

https://poprockrecord.com/2021/06/23/almost-summer-singles-mixtape-i/

Floor Models!