Monday, February 21, 2022

Social Notes From All Over

So a certain Shady Dame and I are celebrating President's Day by heading into Manhattan tonight -- hey, still a novelty since the pandemic -- to see The Philadelphia Orchestra, conducted by the charmingly yclept Yannick Nézet-Séguin...

...doing Beethoven's symphonies number 1 and 9 at Carnegie Hall.

Haven't been to a classical show in I don't know how long, but the Philly Orch used to be my favorite band in the world, so it could be a hot one.

I should add that we're having a pre-show dinner at the fabulous Carnegie Deli across the street. Pastrami sandwich, here I come!!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure the symphonies are nice and all, but, damn, I would kill for a good pastrami sandwich right now (ok, a few hours from now as I am just finishing breakfast)

Marc said...

I thought the Carnegie Deli closed, like 5 years ago? Did I somehow miss hearing that it got a reprieve?

Marc

steve simels said...

I think somebody just bought the name. And the food sucked. Almost inedible.

Anonymous said...

So how was the concert?

Doctored Captain Al

steve simels said...

We couldn't get in. I didn't have my COVID booster shot card, which I've never been asked to show anywhere, and Carnegie Hall is absolutely inflexible about this, even though I had my vaxx card.

I will give them this -- they refunded the money for our tickets.

Ufa88kh said...

I blog frequently and I appreciate your information. Your article really impressed me the most. I will bookmark your blog and keep up to date with your latest news
wordpress
blogspot
youtube
ប្រដាល់ថៃ