Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Comedic and Novelty Tales From the Original Vinyl Age: Part II -- Have We Mentioned Great Jewish Rock Songs Since Last Week??

From 1963, and the utterly fab album Mad "Twists" Rock 'n' Roll (as in Mad Magazine) please enjoy their immortal ode to nasal corrective surgery "She Got a Nose Job."

I'm not sure if this has ever been on CD officially, but it's freaking hilarious across the board, and I've got a copy I downloaded from somewhere. Ask me nicely, and Ill burn you a disc.

I should add that I have always been amused that this was released on the same label that brought us the great hits of Del Shannon.

2 comments:

ChrisE said...

I can put this album on after I play Frank Sinatra's twist-themed 45 :-)

M_Sharp said...

You probably already know this, but this smash hit is also available on Rhino Records' "Rhino Royale", one of the greatest albums of all time.