Thursday, June 23, 2022

Records I'd Forgotten Existed, Let Alone Loved: An Occasional Feature (Special "The Band That Died For Your Fins" Edition)

From their 1982 Album -- Generic Flipper, please enjoy the aforementioned Flipper and their toe-tapping classic "Sex Bomb Baby."

These guys made an idiosyncratic brand of punk rock that was simultaneously hilarious and disturbing. I must admit that I was kind of late to the party where they were concerned, but the first time I heard the song above I knew I would never be the same.

I should add that Flipper's 1993 masterpiece (American Grafishy) sported the greatest album title in history.

1 comment:

Alzo said...

Oh, yeah. I saw Flipper back in the day. Their set consisted of two endless songs: Sex Bomb and If I Can't Be Drunk I Don't Want To Be Alive. A pounding drone that veered toward levitation.