Tuesday, May 28, 2024

In the Immortal Words of Bobby Darin -- How Was I to Know There Was a Party Going On?

From just last week, and her album When Therapy Fails (heh!), please enjoy Texas-based roots-rocker Pam Ross and her latest (and aptly named) single "Fire in the Hole."

That song kicks some serious ass, I think you'll agree, but the video -- which looks like the live-band-in-a-bar performance I have been searching for what seems like my entire adult life -- just absolutely slays me.

Man -- what I wouldn't give to have been an attendee at the party/show that was shot at.

Oh well. In the meantime, you can (and should) find out more about Pam -- including where to hear and download more of her music -- over at her official website HERE.

BTW, have I mentioned I would have killed to dance with the punk gal with the is-it-a-mohawk-or-isn't it? hairdo cavorting in front of the band? Thank you.

11 comments:

Sal Nunziato said...

I do my best to just keep moving when I don't like something. God knows, I am tempted to say something on every Willie Nile post because I'm just not fan. But I get Willie, to some degree. I don't get this at all.

"Kicks some serious ass?" Really?

It's lifeless. Her voice has no personality. The melody is flat. It sounds like a demo.

Anonymous said...

I was gonna keep my mouth shut, but Sal sums up my feelings perfectly. The song and the video are lame.

VR

cthulhu said...

In total agreement with Sal and VR; the jam I played at last month was better than this flat piece of music and video.

Jai Guru Dave said...

And that punk girl scares me!!

Gummo said...

I liked it.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was a lot of fun to watch and listen to. High energy, awesome guitar work, great vocals. Music is subjective and I really enjoyed it. Not sure why people have to spend so much time being negative.

Anonymous said...

I thought it kicked ass.

Sal Nunziato said...

"Not sure why people have to spend so much time being negative."

I'm sorry ANON, is this your first visit here?

Anonymous said...

I saw some negative comments and guess I watched a different video than them. I watched a high energy party song with spot on guitar work and solid vocals. It was fun. I think the mix could have been smoother but a lot of bands don't have the cash to hire top-notch recording pros. Still, it was a great song and I would definately see this band if they came through Cincinnati.

Anonymous said...

If I could dance I would be right up there line dancing with the
rest - would have been nice for some
Pedal Steel - like it or not (I am a Waylon guy) this is the sound of new country
rob

steve simels said...

I honestly had no idea that this might be contentious.

Oh well -- wait until you see Friday's post.