Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Sometimes You Just Have to Pick a Side

Exhibit A.

Okay, that totally cracked me up, for any number of reasons. Sorry, Daryl.

I should add that the guy in the shirt is way cool Jersey-born rocker and friend of PowerPop Mike Daly.

Attentive readers will recall my bringing him to their attention back in 2017, when he unleashed this hilarious masterpiece upon an unsuspecting out of state audience.

Anyway, thanks Mike! And thanks again for the other t-shirt...

...which I still wear proudly,

Tomorrow: Back to serious regular posting, and a song that will knock your proverbial socks off!!!

2 comments:

mistah charley, sb, ma, phd, jsps said...

the song you linked to was funny and clever, and i was glad it has no, not really as part of its title

the information about the beef between daryl and john that has reached me is from https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13430307/john-oates-fallout-daryl-hall-sell-music-catalog-legal-battle.html

it seems like John has a reasonable position, and any ill will between the two is regrettable

the daryl's house shows that have come to my attention on YouTube strike me as very enjoyable

Anonymous said...

Daryls House was one of the best music programs in the tube
As an aside I was a bar mate of a carpenter in Redding, CT. who was friends to Daryl - He would tear apart
old barns, reclaim them and use them at Darryl's house. He probably renovated @50%. of his house including the music studio
rob