Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Point Is Probably Moot

For those of you who (for good reason) don't watch a lot of daytime teebee, here's seriously underrated rocker/soap star Rick Springfield blowtorching his way through "Jesse's Girl" (for my money one of the most memorable hits of the 80s) on Oprah yesterday. Somebody once called the tune "Othello With Guitars" and I actually don't think that's too far off the mark.



BTW -- earlier in the show Springfield let on that he was never in fact introduced to the real Jesse's girl (a woman who was going out with a guy he was taking a ceramics class with, if you can believe it) and that to his knowledge she never had any idea that she was the inspiration for the song. The mind boggles....

2 comments:

PhilDutra said...

Good ear candy is still GOOD! I've always loved the song!

TMink said...

While Jessie's Girl has more pop than power for my tastes, I sure appreciated the older clips of Ric as a rocker that I saw here.

Another thanks to the blog for my continuing musical edification.

Trey