Thursday, December 22, 2005

Another One of These....

Courtesy of Phila, who obviously does NOT want me to get my grading done, comes this 7x7 questionnaire. But in a spirit of holiday reflection.....

Seven Things To Do Before I Die

1. Get to Paris.
2. Meet my Rock Star.
3. Raise my Children.
4. Write a Book.
5. Get Hot Again.
6. Learn to Make Pastry Well.
7. Write a Will.

Seven Things I Cannot Do

1. Swim well.
2. Play an instrument.
3. Drive standard.
4. Touch type.
5. Live without sex.
6. Grade in a timely manner.
7. Ride a bicycle.

Seven Things That Attract Me to...Blogging

1. Inflicting my obsessions on my friends.
2. Showing off my improbably attractive offspring.
3. Getting emails from obscure bands/musicians.
4. Doing noble battle with Blogger on a regular basis.
5. Revisiting the crap music mags of my youth.
6. Flagrantly violating copyright law.
7. Making steve simels whine at me when I don't get around to blogging.

Seven Things I Say Most Often

1. "Shit, I'm late!"
2. "Mother puss bucket."
3. "Who took my ________?"
4. "(Insert name of child here)!"
5. "My laptop is fucked up again!"
6. "I want a nap."
7. "Are you with me on this?" (when teaching)

Seven Books That I Love

1. Ulysses, James Joyce
2. Midnight's Children, Salman Rushdie
3. Bridget Jones's Diary, Helen Fielding
4. Master and Commander (et al.), Patrick O'Brian
5. At Swim-Two-Birds, Flann O'Brien
6. Trainspotting, Irvine Welsh
7. Bleak House, Charles Dickens

Seven Movies That I Watch Over and Over Again

1. Office Space
2. Bedazzled (1968, please)
3. Pride and Prejudice (really a mini-series)
4. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
5. Any MST3K
6. Boogie Nights
7. Goodfellas

Seven People I Want To Join In Too

1. scoutprime,
2. NTodd,
3. Attaturk,
4. athenae,
5. spork_incident,
6. Zap Rowsdower,
7. rorschach


Woohoo! I beat watertiger!

5 comments:

ntodd said...

Watertiger: NTodd, you've been tagged.

NYMary: You'd better check my list, chica.


Ladies, ladies, there's no need to fight! Plenty of NTodd to go around...

Attaturk said...

Answered.

Although I'm all sore now from you and WT asking me.

spork_incident said...

I have to head out in ten minutes. I'll see if a can get mine up later tonight but probably in the morning.


.

ntodd said...

Done!

Anonymous said...

I notice that you have a poster of the female flexing her muscle, on the top of your page. that picture comes from WWII. It is shown here, along with some other absolutely amazing photographs of the same.

that poster, among others, was reflective of the fact that almost our entire country pitched in in one way or another in a literal battle of the globe and most of its armies, in the defeat of tyranny and totalitarianism.

the current president, however, made an interesting analogy to this effort recently. why it matters.