Thursday, December 01, 2005

DeepToej Doesn't Want Me to Get Any Work Done

Or he wouldn't have sent me this tidbit:

NOVEMBER 29 - ROBERT POLLARD SOLO TOURING BAND IS SET


Bob's touring band for his solo tour in support of From A Compound Eye is
all set:

Bob - vocals
Tommy Keene - guitar/keyboards
Dave Phillips - guitar
Jason Narducy - bass
Jon Wurster - drums

The tour will start in late January. Look for tour date announcements in
late December.


Even those of us who spend absurd amounts of money to see GBV's last shows a year ago at this time (almost exactly, actually) didn't believe for a second that Pollard was done. Hell, I have Relaxation of the Asshole on my iPod, though I admit I ritually skip the tracks (kind of a one-trick-pony sort of thing).

But I'll admit, I'm giddy as a schoolgirl at the thought of Pollard travelling with Tommy Keene. Keene did some opening gigs for GBV here and there, and his album The Real Underground is a classic of the power pop genre. I just hope Pollard doesn't bulldoze him.

Here's a nice interview with Keene. (And do I know the interviewer? I think I might....)

2 comments:

Thers said...

That's Jon Wurster from Superchunk, too.

Anonymous said...

funny, I had "back again (try)" running through my head about two days ago