Monday, December 12, 2016

Today We Are an Album

[Cross-posted at Floor Your Love -- S.S.]

And they said it would never happen.

But yes, the reissue...remastered to a fare-thee-well at great personal expense (and with five bonus tracks -- three studio and two live)...of our 1995 masterpiece (originally on Gadfly Records) is now a reality.



The song above is, as you will immediately notice, our attempt at a contemporary tune in the mold of Buddy Holly, and I think a very successful one.

In any case, the other 15 songs on the record are all on YouTube. If you want to purchase them, you can do so at CD Baby, Amazon and iTunes; the album can also be streamed on Spotify, Pandora, and pretty much all of the other usual suspects.

I should add that this reissue has been about two years in the making (and a dream come true -- the 1995 version had vastly inferior sound). And I would like to say to my bandmates -- Gerry (obviously), J.D. Goldberg and Glen "Bob" Allen -- that you should be damned proud of the work you did, both two decades ago and more recently.

I should also add that an absolutely sensational video for one of the songs -- "A Drop of Rain" -- will be viewable on-line probably by the end of the week.

9 comments:

Allan Rosenberg said...

Hey let me think, maybe I'll play something from it tomorrow on my show. Is it ok if I mention that?

Captain Al

steve simels said...

Uh....you betcha.

Anonymous said...

Hey guys and gals:

Tomorrow (12/13) between 11am-3pm EST I will be playing a few tracks from Fire Lane by Gerry Devine & The Hi-Beams.

Maybe some Floor Models and Weasels also. Join us.

This Message has been approved by Power Pop Blog Spot.

Captain Al

steve simels said...

Dude -- you're supposed to give a link.
:-)

http://www.area24radio.com/lost-at-sea/

buzzbabyjesus said...

I was going to say, "Link?"

Sounds fantastic.

Anonymous said...

area24radio.com is enough. Then click on the "Click here to listen" button.

Captain Al

Dave said...

Steve,

This sounds seriously great. I wanna bag me one in that brand new compact disc format.

If the rest is nearly as good, I'll be happy.

Dave F.

Anonymous said...

Great Job from beginning to end. Love it!!!! Just wondering why this is the first time I'm hearing this?!? Shame that groups like this get little to no exposure while the airwaves are flooded with groups that have to use samples / auto-tune and the majority of the buying public eat it up. Thanks for the "new" discovery!!!

GLLinMO said...

Did a listen on you tube. Great stuf. Gotta get. What's the best way to buy to make sure I get the complete story liner notes?