Wednesday, April 28, 2021

It's Rolling Stones Week: Part III -- the Divine Cis Female M

From her album No Frills, please enjoy Bette Midler as she absolutely nails the Stones' great "Beast of Burden." Originally released as a single in 1983.

I haven't listened to that album in a gazillion years, so I have no idea if the rest of it holds up -- I seem to recall that the Marshall Crenshaw cover was absolutely terrific -- but I will say this: The band behind her on BOB, which includes Danny Kortchmar and Jim Keltner, is fucking great.

And I am SOOOO stealing that "Now write this down!" intro if I ever get to play on stage again.

3 comments:

BG said...

AND SINGING LIVE. NO AUTOTUNING. OMG, WHAT A CONCEPT!!!!!

edward said...

Wow, those guys and girls in the front row look like they really, really don't want to be there. I wonder what act they were there for?

dorethyroad@aol.com said...

Bette, you Linda are amazing interpreters...Carry On...;-)
Patti's close but no cigar -
rob