Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Let Us Now Praise Famous Men

So as I've mentioned before, friend of PowerPop, occasional Floor Model, father of The Lemon Twigs, and indie-pop eminence grise Ronnie D'Addario has a gorgeous new solo album out.

And here's my favorite track -- a glorious one-man version of the Left Banke's always delightful "Walk Away Renee."

Ronnie's been releasing this sort of stuff, beginning in the pre-CD era, for as long as I've known him, which is going back to our late 70s days in the Village. But this current album is just spectacularly good.

Hey -- get yourself over to Amazon and stream the damn thing already, won't you? You'll thank me.

2 comments:

elroy said...

That's gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and I will be picking up the album.

Also wondering where Walk Away Renee ranks in terms of songs with large number of excellent covers - off the top of my head, this, Southside Johnny, Four Tops (of course) and I'm sure many others...

Jai Guru Dave said...

Just now got around to listening to this. Absolutely stunning! If I could do that, it would all be worth it.