Thursday, March 31, 2022

Obviously, I Don't Need No Doctor

From his brilliant 2021 album The Day The Earth Stood Still, please enjoy friend of PowerPop/hardest working man in show business/non pareil singer-songwriter Willie Nile and the latest (hilarious) video from the aformentioned album, "Off My Medication."

IMHO, absolutely priceless.

I should add that, in other jaw-dropping Willie news, he will be (sit down please) opening for none other than The Who in Bethel NY on May 28.

This is not as unpreceded as it sounds -- Willie toured Europe as the opening act for The Who in 1980 -- but still. How cool?

3 comments:

pete said...

First they were the Who. Then they were the What. Now they're the Why.

Anonymous said...

Willie did at least one opening date for the Who in the US. I saw him do this In Houston. His was the more memorable performance and I've been waiting for him to return. At least I have the records.

DrBob said...

Theme for the modern age: "Now I'm running naked with a Bible 'round the block!"