Friday, March 11, 2022

Well, Waddya Know -- It Turned Into Dwight Yoakam Week After All

From 1989 (and Dwight's album at the time) please enjoy the dream pairing of Mr. Swivel Hips and the incomparable K.D. Lang and their goose-bump inducing duet on the Gram Parsons'/Flying Burrito Brothers classic "Sin City."

Pretty freaking great, I'd say if I was any judge of horseflesh.

Starting Monday -- genuine new music, some of which is by people I know personally and some isn't.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

[h/t Matt Mitchell]

3 comments:

steve simels said...

I should add that a coveted PowerPopNoPrize© will be awarded to the first reader who identifies the significance of the location Dwight is posed on.

ChrisE said...

I'll guess he's at Joshua Tree. Gram Parsons & Keith Richards (and Anita Pallenberg) made a trek to it. I believe the cover and inside sleeve photos for the first Eagles' album were also shot there. It was a place that many L.A. musicians in the early 1970s went to, to do various drugs and experience the beauty of the desert.

big bad wolf said...

Gram visited again after he left us. wild story. beautiful place