Monday, March 28, 2022

If It Ain't Stiff, It Ain't Worth a Fuck

From 1959, and what was called a flexi-disc -- a pliable, detachable cardboard/plastic hybrid phonpograph record attatched to the binding of a magazine -- please enjoy the utterly hilarious "Meet the Staff of Mad."

Flexi-discs were all the rage in the late 50s and early 60s; The Magazine Known as Stereo Review did several, including an absolutely hilarious parody of baroque music -- authored by Glenn Gould -- entitled "So You Want to Write a Fugue?". I should add that I had that Mad disc for years and played it obsessively when it first came out.

PS: Yeah, yeah, I know I promised on Friday to post a bad song referencing what had happened to my foot recently, but I figured that would have been self-indulgent even for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was great!

Doctored Captain Al