Monday, August 22, 2022

Records I'd Forgotten Existed, Let Alone Loved: An Occasional Feature (Special "More Cow Bell" Edition)

From 1987(!) and his sophomore studio album Lord of the Highway, please enjoy the incomparable Joe Ely and his killer ode to public rowdiness "Everybody Go Hammered."

That's just a great genre-bending rock song -- you can hear why Ely was credible collaborating with The Clash back in the day -- and what a pleasure it was to revisit it after all these years.

I should add that I bring it up because a publicist friend of mine (for decades) just sent me Ely's forthcoming album (of unreleased lullabyes he did for his daughter in their respective youths) is coming out on my birthday (Oct. 21) and its freaking great. But I'll have more to say about that when the time comes.

4 comments:

Alzo said...

Great tune! I think I'm gonna get hammered tonight and walk with a zombie!

ESciGuy said...

Steve,

Thanks for promoting Joe. Lord of the Highway was actually his sixth studio album, however.

pete said...

Maxwell's Silver Hammer it ain't!

Anonymous said...

I am drinking my Scotch straight from the bottle right now
No kidding :-)
rob