Thursday, July 20, 2023

An Early Clue to the New Direction: Special "Bad Taste is Timeless" Edition

From sometime deep in the dark heart of the Aughts, and their epochal Crimes Against Humanity greatest hits collection, please enjoy my old garage band chums The Weasels and their possibly offensive ode to being an "Alpha Dog."

Written and sung by my old hometown (Teaneck NJ) chum Allan Weissman, who's one day my senior and has never let me forget it.

I should also add that I am not, alas, playing on that track, so next week I'm gonna post another song from the album where I'm the ONLY Weasel performing. So there.

Meanwhile, a coveted PowerPop No-Prize© will be awarded the first reader who gleans AD's relevance to the theme of tomorrow's Weekend Essay Question.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pet songs

Gummo said...

Or more broadly, animal songs.

ChrisE said...

Best/worst post-Elvis records made by New Jersey musicians?

steve simels said...

ChrisE -- no. But that's a great idea for a future post, thanks.

MJConroy said...

Songs with spoken interludes.

edward said...

Songs about being first, or best, or in charge

MJConroy said...

alphabet songs

Allan Rosenberg said...

Zoo songs!

Or

Songs by the many different bands named The Weasels. (The Teaneck & Albany Weasels are my favorites but I'm aware of several other Weasels.)

The animalistic Captain Al