Monday, July 03, 2023

Is It Warm in Here or Is It Just Me?

An all-girl Ramones tribute band?

To quote Christina Applegate in Married With Children -- "The mind wobbles."

Ladies and germs, I gabba-gabba-hey! you -- The Hormones!!!

Or as they describe themselves at their OFFICIAL WEBSITE:

The Hormones are an all girl tribute to legendary rock and roll hall of famers’, the Ramones. Emulating the power, turbulence, rebellion and humor of Joey, Johnny, Dee Dee and Tommy, these hard hitting, ass kicking ladies burn through over twenty songs in under forty-five minutes!

Charged with infectious energy, the Hormones deliver a true Ramones experience...but with curves! [emphasis mine]

I stumbled across these kids online by accident last week, and it was [censored] at first sight; I mean, forgetting the band name, which is genius, I love, nay lurve, everything about them, and if I was anywhere near the vicinity of where they were playing some night, I guarantee I'd be headbanging in the front row like a man two thirds my age. Hey Hormones -- get your adorable behinds over to NYC for a show and pronto!

I should add that long time readers will doubtless be able to guess which band member I have the biggest crush on, so I'm not going to announce it publically. Sorry.

I should also add that I have ordered a Hormones t-shirt, and when it arrives, I plan to post a photo of me wearing it proudly. If you want one for your own wardrobe, e-mail the band at their address over at the website. And tell 'em PowerPop sent you.

But remember -- I saw them first.

3 comments:

Sid Much Rock said...

I wonder how many there are? I know I've enjoyed this one:

https://www.ramomsband.com/

Anonymous said...

That Windy Wild!!

Anonymous said...

A fun Saturday night beer band.
$5,00 cover, we get to keep $2.99 and merch. ;-)

rob