Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Excuse Me, My Good Man, But Can You Inform Me What Exactly That Aural Excitement Is?

From 2016, please enjoy everybody's favorite sister act, The Mona Lisa Twins, live at the legendary Cavern Club in Liverpool, with a kick-ass version of the Buffalo Springfield's counter-cultural anthem "For What It's Worth."

Hey, what can I say -- I love those gals. Anybody have any idea why they don't tour? I mean, I think they'd do very well if they came to NYC, but obviously I'm prejudiced.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Their only drawback is their original material is not as strong as their cover material.

Otherwise they should be able to conquer the musical universe.

Captain Al

Anonymous said...

I think they want to keep it in the family. But yeah, I'm sure they could do clubs on the west coast. LA Weekly would support them.

VR

mistah charley, sb, ma, phd, jsps said...

i was a little surprised to read that they really are twins - the thompson twins weren't, you know

they have worked with john sebastian some

https://www.mcalesternews.com/news/local_news/ramblin-round-john-sebastian-arlen-roth-and-the-monalisa-twins-a-magical-connection/article_48e63b1e-161e-57f5-9696-f8cc30c54514.html

MJConroy said...

Not sure they could justify the expense of a US tour, but I'd love to see them live.