Tuesday, November 28, 2023

No Drugs Were Involved in the Making of This Recording. Honest!!!

Okay, I promised some of the people responsible for the below that I wouldn't post it on the blog, but on reflection I believe that it belongs to posterity, so here it is.

The short version: That's me and two of my long time garage band chums (who shall remain nameless, but their initials are Allan Weissman and David Hawxwell) in Dave's Teaneck living room sometime in the mid-70s, fooling around with an old-fashioned two track tape recorder. What specifically motivated us to do that has been lost in the sands of time, but I do recall we had a lot of fun doing it, particularly all those disgusting coughing noises toward the end,

I should also add that Al, who is responsible for the lead vocal, did a surprisingly soulful job under the circumstances. Way to go, Al.

Coming tomorrow: That interesting Vanda and Young story I teased yesterday.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that the legendary Tonio K. coughing?

- Paul in DK

mistah charley, sb, ma, phd, jsps said...

the piano triplets at the beginning reminded me of mccartney's "oh darling" - when i had a real piano i would enjoy pounding that out - somehow it's not the same on an electronic keyboard

i like the vocal harmonies at the end - a little judicious editing would improve the listening experience from a musical perspective, in my opinion, although i guess there's a private joke there

Jai Guru Dave said...

So you promised me “on your mother’s grave” (on top of which I am currently dancing) that if we gave you a copy of this, you wouldn’t post it on your blog!
My question to you is this: did you wait 30 seconds before deciding to break your promise? Or was it the full minute?

BTW - I think this must have been recorded in the late sixties. By the early seventies, we had gotten a four track recorder.
And your cough had cleared up.

Allan Rosenberg said...

I hope this doesn't lead to the break up of The Weasels!

Captain Al

Allan Rosenberg said...

It's bad enough Simels caused The Beatles to break up in 1970.

Drowned Brian Jones in 1969.

Drowned Brian Wilson in 1967.

Drown Flipper in........;-)

Captain Al

Anonymous said...

smited hank williams with sharpened spurs.....