Friday, November 06, 2015

The Kids are Alright

My old chum Ronnie D'Addario -- who, most recently, sang the angelic background vocals on that "new" Floor Models song I've been inflicting on you all of late -- is doing a rare solo gig tomorrow afternoon as part of the fabulous International Pop Overthrow festival. Show time is 2:45.


For those of you unfamiliar with IPO, it's essentially Coachella for pop geeks Woodstock for people who like the kind of bands that provide the rationale for the blog you're currently reading.

Oh, and I should add that Ronnie will be backed by his frighteningly talented teenaged offspring, who normally do business as The Lemon Twigs.



I should also add that Ronnie has a fabulous new album out, and that it's available from CD Baby, Amazon and iTunes.

In any case, if you're in the vicinity of Brooklyn tomorrow, please stop by (and look for me and a certain Shady Dame in the audience -- I'll be the one wearing the Power Pop Movie t-shirt). I haven't been to the venue previously, but I'm told the bar food is good and that they serve elitist Chardonnay. You can find directions to the place HERE.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

No comments: