Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Greetings From Forest Hills New York

And speaking of Simon and Garfunkel's "The Boxer," I had forgotten how funny this is.


In any case, I posted that the other day at a political website I hang out at -- don't ask -- and one of the regulars mentioned that she had heard a very funny parody of it by Cleveland based comedian/singer Michael Spiro. So I thought I'd share.



And yes, it's a hoot, especially the line about how his sex life hasn't been the same since he sprained his wrist.

You can find out more info about Spiro -- including where to get some of his CDs -- over at his website HERE.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always heard as "just a come-on from the wars of Seventh Avenue."

Stu Daye's version of The Boxer is one of my favorite covers of anything.

MJConroy said...

I have Michael Spiro's 45 of this song about the blizzard of 1978:
http://www.michaelspiro.net/FixedinaPhotograph/05%20The%20Blizzard%20Song.mp3