Wednesday, May 03, 2023

Chansons de la Rive Gauche: Special "It Came From Bleecker Street" Edition

From some time in the late 80s or early 90s, please enjoy The Souvenirs -- with some schmuck whose name rhymes with Sleeve Nimels on keyboards -- and their spirited live version of "She May Call You Up Tonight," my other 3rd or 4th favorite song from The Left Banke debut album that I didn't post yesterday in a live clip from The Lemon Twigs. And how's THAT for a mouthful?

The Souvenirs were essentially the five-piece latter day version of The Floor Models, and that clip was shot at the late lamented Kenny's Castaways in Greenwich Village, which was essentially our home base over the years. I particularly enjoyed playing that Left Banke cover, not of the least of reasons being that we used to go directly into Paul Revere and the Raiders' "Him or Me" at its conclusion. Ah, those were the days.

Less self-indulgent posting, featuring music by people I don't know personally, resumes on the morrow.

4 comments:

dorethyroad@aol.com said...

PR&R - Him Or Me...Great song.
Any chance you have that tucked
away in your vault ?
God Bless Mark Lindsey
rob

steve simels said...

Rob — I think I have it somewhere.I have just about everything somewhere.😎

JB said...

C'mon Steve, roll out Him or Me!

Phil Cheese said...

Love it! Whacky camera work and all!