Thursday, May 25, 2023

Your Thursday Edition of "Well, Well -- What Have We Here"?

In fact, from 2023, it's Kelsie Kimberlin and "Road Trip."

In theory, I shouldn't like the above (which crossed my desk unsolicited the other day) for a number of reasons, starting with its violation of Simels Rule # 1: NO AUTO-TUNING!. But to my surprise, it got under my skin right away anyway.

Could be the car, which is way, I mean WAY, cool. Mostly, though, I suspect it's the song's we-gotta-get-outta-this-place sentiment, which -- given how fucking horrible everything going on in the USA is at the moment -- is obviously resonant. And I bet I'm not the only one who'll watch that video and relate.

Neat guitar solo, too, which helps.

In any event, Kimberline -- who is Ukranian-American and has something impassioned to say about what is happening to her homeland -- obviously has quite a lot on the ball; you can hear more of her music and find out more about her over at her website HERE.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hard to beat a 57 T Bird in your video. Nice song but meh.
Nice to bring up the Ukraine connection, that country deserves our best.
Not to hijack this but Google Leonid and friends, My Old School.
Recorded in the middle of a war zone - Kiev.
Sorry Steve

PS - my best friend growing up was Ukranian - we went to Woodstock together,
saw Cream, Hendrix, Blind Faith.The stories I could tell... RIP...:-(

rob

Anonymous said...

That might be a '55 T-Bird. My uncle had one. Whatever, it rules!

Sorry Steve, the song sucks. Ukranian Lolita or not. I predict someday you'll look back on this and wonder what the hell you were thinking.

VR

steve simels said...

Hmm. Tough crowd today. :-)

Anonymous said...

And I don't like her lipstick choice for the bedroom scenes either. :)

VR