Thursday, September 21, 2023

Songs I'd Forgotten Existed, Let Alone Loved (An Occasional Series): Special "An Early Clue to the New Direction" Edition

From 1980, please enjoy obscure and (for me, unclassifiable) Brit rockers Interview and their majestic and haunting ode to "Adventurers."

I knew -- and know -- next to nothing about these guys, except for the fact they made two albums, they were on Virgin, and I absolutely adored (and continue to adore) this song.

Still can't make out who they sounded like or what style this is supposed to be; closest I've ever come to being able to describe them is late-period Procol Harum with a sort of New Wave-y frontman, but who knows? I'd be curious to hear what you guys think. (And if anybody has any info about them beyond their Wiki entry, I'd be grateful.)

In any case, a coveted PowerPop No-Prize© will be awarded to the first reader who gleans the tune's relevance to the theme of tomorrow's Weekend Essay question.

6 comments:

geor3ge said...

Songs of travel?

ChrisE said...

Songs about professions/vocations?

Anonymous said...

Songs by people you have interviewed?

- Paul in DK

steve simels said...

Ding ding ding we have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, close enough…
it’s not about me…😎

edward said...

Well, close enough…
it’s not about me…😎


I hope we're to doing the sound track to Jann Wenner's new book

edward said...

NOT doing, not TO doing, dammit