Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Never Mind the Bollocks...

...here's The Hee Bee Gee Bees!



That is, of course, "Meaningless Songs in Very High Voices," one of the most dead-on and deadly pop parodies ever recorded. Inspirational verse: "The world is very, very large...and butter is better than marge."

Incidentally, the LP it's from -- the cover of which is a gorgeous pink knock-off of the Sex Pistols debut -- has never been available on CD, a cultural crime of heinous proportions.

[h/t Kerrin L. Griffith]

4 comments:

TMink said...

Thanks! I needed a smile this morning, it changed my outlook on the day! Their heads bobbing in time with the exaggerated vibrato is priceless!

Trey

Bert65 said...

I can't believe I never seen that before. That was pretty amazing! I love the permanently windblown scarves!

steve simels said...

The scarves really make it...
:-)

Anonymous said...

Damn you, simels! You forgot to warn us not to eat while watching. Man, that was great!