Saturday, September 09, 2006

Arrrrrr....... And the Rest of the Alphabet to You Too!

Today was the fab pirate birthday party, complete with egg toss, treasure hunt, and the usual birthday accoutrement. Woo hoo! Please enjoy the photo album, with accompanying appropriate pop lyrics.


She sailed the Seven Seas
With a dagger in her hand
She brought the Old world to its knees
And lived to sail again!
Bloody Bess, Bloody Bess
Seventeenth century piratess! (a)









here you come on your broom
your mood ring's turning brown
you will begin to feel it soon
you're tossing your seeds around (b)








It's all too much for me to take
The love that's shining all around you
All the world's a birthday cake,
So take a piece but not too much (c)








You can't do nothing that you don't put your mind to, oh yeah
I suspected all along you were a dream come true, oh my
I'm never in the dark 'cause my heart keeps me well informed, oh yeah
I'm convinced that there's a way of getting through to you
Ooh I'm looking for clues (d)




If they were me
if they were me
And I was you and I was you -
If they were me and I was you
Would you have liked a present too? (e)







If I had a million dollars
(If I had a million dollars)
Well, I'd buy you a monkey
(Haven't you always wanted a monkey?) (f)








Baby's black balloon makes her fly
I almost fell into that hole in your life
And you're not thinking about tomorrow
'Cause you were the same as me
But on your knees (g)








Artists:
(a) Karla DeVito
(b) Superchunk
(c) The Beatles
(d) Robert Palmer
(e) Altered Images
(f) The Barenaked Ladies
(g) Goo Goo Dolls

5 comments:

Vicki said...

Very cute! Love the little girl pirate!

watertiger said...

Rosie armed? And no one was injured?

A good day, then!

AB said...

A happy birthday! I can't believe how much they've grown! Thanks for sharing. :)

ntodd said...

I WANNA SWORD AND EYEPATCH!

[stomps feet]

refinnej said...

He's 7!!!!

Can't believe he's 7!! Looks like a fun time was had by all.. Give the little pirates big hugs from me. Especially the Birthday Pirate.
:)