I've been tracking my searches and stats pretty carefully recently, and have noticed a bunch of weird things: (1) a really lot of searches for both the Loud Family and the Nazi Twins; (2) not as many, but still a surprising number of searches for individual members of Shoes; and (3) hits from other blogs I don't know. I tracked down one of these and found myself at the terrific Sheer Golden Hooks. Then I wandered through Scott's blogroll and found For the Records (a Canadian guy who goes to more shows than you have pennies in your house) and the New Wave Outpost. Welcome to the blogroll, guys!
And the divine watertiger has tasked me with a meme: If you could ask the world five questions, what would they be? I'm going to assume that I get to aske these questions of people in currently power, so I'm going to ask some things I really want to know.
(1) Why are you so afraid of women? (okay, I cribbed that from watertiger) But seriously, unless they're wholly desexualized (Rice) or wholly sexualized (Jenna/NotJenna) you have no time for them at all. I'm just curious why. Have you never had a mother, or a sister, or a wife, or a female friend with whom you could talk openly?
(2) Why are you so afraid of free and fair and transparent elections? Doesn't it seem like, as the leading light of democracy in the modern world, we should be able to, you know, count our votes without the intervention of openly partisan corporations? Shouldn't our electoral apparatus exist beyond the machinations of elected officials like Ken Blackwell and Katherine Harris?
(3) Do you really believe that, assuming there is a God and an afterlife, hating on gays and wantonly slaughtering innocent people in the Muslim world will get you more points than feeding the poor kid who lives in your city?
(4) Have you seen theocracy? Do you know what it looks like? Is that really your vision for America?
(5) What's so funny about peace, love, and understanding? (okay, I cribbed that one, too)