Monday, October 01, 2007

What's the Matter With Kids Today

If you've seen Judd Appatow's recent comedy smash Knocked Up, you may have wondered what that incredibly touching song playing out over the end credits is.



Unfortunately, there's no official video, but the tune is "Daughter," a Peter Blegvad number covered by Loudon Wainwright III on his really terrific new album Strange Weirdos: Music from and Inspired by the Film Knocked Up. (Wainwright has a small but funny part in the film as a shady OBGYN).

I have no larger point to make here except that Blegvad should be much better known and that I've wanted to post this homemade vid for ages. I just thinks it's wonderfully sweet...

[h/t Glenn Kenny]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really nice song! And, as the father of a precocious 8-year-old, I can vouch for its authenticity.

My little one wrote her first blues song last night:

I’m going in the river.
Swimming to the shore.
Beatin’ on my drum now.
Hope I’m gonna score.
Repeat)

I’m looking at the sunlight. Dancing with the moon.
I’m looking at the stars now,
I hope goin’ soon. (Repeat)

Cos I’m goin’ on a road trip tonight. Yeah, yeah. (Repeat)

I'm not sure what she means by "score" (I'm assuming that's "score" as in baseball). But I couldn't be more proud.

steve simels said...

That's adorable.

And a pretty good song at any age...

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.