Wednesday, August 04, 2021

Reviews I'd Forgotten I Had Written of Albums I Had Forgotten Existed (An Occasional Series): Part III -- Loud Fast Lady

From the july 1994 issue of The Magazine Formerly Known as Stereo Review...

...please enjoy Velocity Girl and their should have been a hit single "Sorry Again."

From the era when everything on SUBPOP was by definition hip and groovy. Still, I think that song holds up. If I was feeling a little more energetic, I'd try to find out what happened to those kids.

4 comments:

mistah charley, ph.d. said...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Velocity_Girl

ChrisE said...

Steve,

Glad you posted this review. I often have less specific memories of the stuff you wrote in the 90s than I do with the stuff from the 70s and 80s (no disrespect to your 90s'). I now want to check out "Sorry Again" and the rest of VG's album. Thanks.

elroy said...

I bought this at the time, was right up my alley then. Will give it a spin, thanks for the reminder!

pete said...

Just read the Wikipedia entry for these guys, which contains more cool band names than anything I've ever read The Gotterdemocrats!