Saturday, April 18, 2009

Holy Sheet!


I've been remiss in not pimping heavily Shoes' trip to Japan this month. Partly, it's a deep psychic wound generated from missing this show (showed up at the airport for a closely-timed flight that ended up not existing), (another clip here--I may never recover) and partly I've just been out of the habit of blogging. But the guys did indeed hit Japan earlier this month for a couple of shows at Shinjuku Jam. (The link is broken for me too: I'm seeing what I can find out, though.)

But, oh man. Look what happened in the prep show a couple of weeks ago: a live version of the As/Is cut "Rugged Terrain," one of the many undiscovered nuggets on that collection. (And the bonus "Your Imagination," another fave o' mine.)



Looking good, guys: spread some love to the rest of us!

10 comments:

The Phantom Creep said...

Wow. Forget Pearl Harbor -- now I REALLY hate the Japanese.

NYMary said...

And the presence of Paul Chastain (just for the sound check? did he come onstage for the show?) just makes it worse, Phantom. Aaaauuuuugh!

Wendy said...

The guy in the grey hat who walks by the stage just before they start is Marty Casey, also from Chicago and currently lead singer with LA Guns (the Tracii Guns version).

I won't tell you how I know because I'll never be able to show my face in public again. :-)

NYMary said...

Oh, BG, now you have to spill!

Wendy said...

Serves me right ... he was the runner-up in the Bizarre TV Show Known As Rock Star: INXS. He's actually pretty talented, and very easy on the eyes. :-)

Wendy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
NYMary said...

And all this time I thought you preferred the beret....

Brooklyn Girl said...

I'm flexible! :-)

Anonymous said...

I shot this show ... and yes, survived the blizzard ... for a Shoes documentary that is in the works.

Tim, tmovideo

Anonymous said...

This was shot in HD you need to resize it to get the whole stage in there! or post a link to the original youtube vid.

thanks