Thursday, September 03, 2009

Hey Hey We're the Monkeys

You know, some days it just boggles my mind that billions of dollars and countless hours of research and development from the finest minds in history produced the Internet.

Thus allowing me to find...this.





To be honest, I loved this show -- a James Bond parody featuring an all chimp cast -- back in the day. (I was going to say "when I was a kid," but then I realized it aired in 1970, when I was in my early twenties. Oops.) And to be equally honest, what's scary is that the song above -- the lead track from the show's soundtrack album -- is actually pretty good in a "More cowbell!" kind of way.



In any case, you can download the rest of the album, for free, over here. If you do, of course, I should like to meet you, if not perhaps to shake your hand.

Oh, and by the way, that link is courtesy of astounding archivist Leonard Los, who does business as redtelephone66. There's stuff on his site that will flat out boggle your mind; make sure you tell him we said hello when you're over there.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is what they'll play for us in the home.

Anonymous said...

I remember that show! It was a big deal when my parents bought their first color TV so I could watch that and "Lost in Space" the way the good lord intended! - bill buckner

steve simels said...

There's an amusing story, which I will save for another day, about the veterinarian who had to castrate all the males on that show.

I'm serious...