Friday, December 17, 2021

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words (Part Deux)

The Lovin' Spoonful, circa late 1966.

I had never seen that photo before yesterday, and I don't know for a fact who took it, although I'd bet good money that it was long time Spoonful friend Henry Diltz. In any case, I love that Edwardian look, and as far as I'm concerned that is now my all time favorite posed-in-costume rock band photo.

I should also add that I'm a very lucky guy, in that I got to meet three of the four people in that portrait (not Zal Yanovksy, bottom right, alas) and get to chat with them at various times over the years.

Have a great weekend, everybody!!!

4 comments:

dorethyroad@aol.com said...

I love the fact that Sebastion played harmonica on the Doors "Road House Blues" . Two bands who played completely different style of music.
As an aside, in 1968 I was, and am still, a huge Sebastion fan. I courted my wife to his songs -
MERRY CHRISTMAS- rob

Anonymous said...

A lot of musical acts from that mid-sixties era dressed to that Edwardian style. The Spoonful sure carry the look off really well!

Just sayin'.

Captain Al

steve simels said...

The San Francisco Charlatans -- Dan Hicks band -- had that look down cold.

tomtion said...

This was the cover of a songbook published in '66 or '67.