Wednesday, December 22, 2021

It Takes Two, Baby!

From their 2007 duet album, please enjoy the incomparable Robert Plant and Alison Krauss (with a little help from T-Bone Burnett), and their absolutely killer version of the Everly Brothers' classic "Gone Gone Gone."

Allow me to add.

1. The record that's from is flat-out fantastic across the board, BTW, and I'm awaiting the arrival of their new Raise the Roof with breathless anticipation.

2. Robert Plant has aged better than any man in history, let alone any 70s pop star. God, I hate him.

3. Alison Krauss, beyond being a great singer, is such a cutie-pie I can't stand it.

I thank you.

4 comments:

Alzo said...

Hey, that was excellent from end to end. I don't usually buy the popular stuff, but I'm biting on this one. Thanks.

pete said...

As for #3, she's cute, yes, but she's not a nice person.

steve simels said...

I'll take you word, but if you're right I'm sorry to hear it.

dorethyroad@aol.com said...

Steve, although you are effusive about Plant lets not overlook the 3 Paul's
(McCartney, Rodgers and Simon ).
Rodgers in particular sings in the same key from his Free/Bad Company days.