Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Guaranteed to Blow Yo-Yo Mind

So the other day, purely by chance, I came across a certain TV ad -- previously unviewed by your humble scribe -- that a world famous classical celebrity had done a few years ago....

...and it reminded me of a certain album track I had forgotten, and which I thought I should share.

And so, from their eponymous 1993 album, please enjoy Nashville's The Bis-Quits and their hilarious and rockin' tribute to the Man Himself. Think "Johnny B. Goode" rewritten about a cello player.

In a word -- heh.

I should add that said Bis-Quits album is one of the great lost artifacts of the '90s; do yourself a favor and hie thee over to YouTube and listen to their "Tennessee Valley Girl." Inspirational verse: "I bet you really miss those Reagan years/John Hughes movies and Tears for Fears."

Heh again, obviously.

2 comments:

Shriner said...

The Bis-Quits! "Tommy's On His Own" is the best song The Replacements never wrote.

Blue Ash Fan said...

And they even did a quite respectable Richard Thompson cover.

Tommy Womack's latest is a rockin' good time, as well. Well worth checking out.