Well, it's Friday, and my Oriental houseboy Kato and I must don our costumes and go out to fight crime. Consequently, posting by moi will be sporadic for a bit.
But in the meantime, here's a fun project.
Best Record Which Sounds Eerily Like The Work of Another Artist.
[arbitrary qualifier: No obvious pastiches -- no Rutles or Dukes of Stratosphear -- need apply]
My totally off the top of my head Top Seven:
1. The Knickerbockers -- "Lies" (The Beatles)
2. Fontella Bass -- "Rescue Me" (Aretha Franklin)
3. Mouse and the Traps -- "A Public Execution" (Bob
4. The Jags -- "Written on the Back of My Hand" (Elvis Costello)
5. Terry Anderson -- "Weather or Not" (Keith Richards/Rolling Stones)
6. Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers -- "American Girl" (Byrds/Roger McGuinn)
7. Count Five -- "Pyschotic Reaction" (Yardbirds)
Join in, won't you?