Monday, April 16, 2007

Unravelling Wilbury

Hmm...I see that legendary Texas psychedelic rocker/head case Roky Erickson played his first ever show in New York City on Friday night. And according to the NY Times' Jon Pareles, he was pretty darn good.



Erickson, whose 1966 13th Floor Elevators hit "You're Gonna Miss Me" figured prominently in a series of Dell Computer ads recently (garnering its composer the biggest royalty checks of his life, one hopes)is currently touring, and good for him. If he shows up in a club near you, definitely check him out; the guy's a mesmeric singer and he's actually written a lot of very cool songs over the years. "I Walked With a Zombie," in particular, has had an honored place on my mp3 player for quite a while.

4 comments:

billy b said...

Free Simels!!!!

Free Simels!!!!!

Free Simels!!!!!

billy b said...

Roky's cool.

Now how'z about letting me know what you thought about the rest of the stuff I sent?

Where's the love?

Anonymous said...

HI,

just an intro -

first time to your blog, got intrigued by Atrios & all the Yes videos.

AND I find a Fountains of Wayne review, + way fun Bangles thoughts and YouTube links. Had never seen the live "Going Down to Liverpool", and it's been (20?) years since I've seen the Mr. Spock one. Wonderful!

thanks, I'll be back!

Anonymous said...

oh, gosh, holy moley -

and a link to a live version of 'There She Goes' farther down!!

wow!!