Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Happy Fifth Birthday!

...to Atrios. If you don't know Eschaton, you should: simels and I met there, among other things. Atrios' main concerns are the intersections and effects of media on politics and vice versa, and when we live in an age where the VP knows which Sunday shows to use to launch propaganda, those are pretty important points to explore. But he's also funny, snarky, sharp, a genuinely nice guy, and he's created a warm, wacky, foulmouthed and quite genuine community of commenters. Thanks, Atrios, for letting us turn your blog into an MTV-style party house.

Happy Birthday!

5 comments:

geor3ge said...

he's created a warm, wacky, foulmouthed and quite genuine community of commenters.

He's also made a convenient scapegoat out of simels, for which we error-prone commenters are eternally grateful.

Anonymous said...

Hell Yeah!
Have a party
Five Years later the GOP is crumbling, decaying. Coincidence!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Atrios, on being a voice of sanity in an insane world.

I'm glad I found your place. I've made many wonderful friends, and I've learned so much.

Thanks for being there.

Hope you're around for many more years.

GO AL GORE!

Love,

Vicki, Who ♥ Al Gore

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us play in your yard, you big sweaty lug. I'm not exaggerating when I say Eschaton has had a genuine, positive influence on my life.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birfday Atrios!!!! When do we begin taping "Bloggers Gone Wild"?