Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Metal Machine Music For Swinging Lovers

I would like to go on record as saying I have absolutely nothing to say about the new album by Nine Inch Nails.

Extremely irksome New York Times critic Kelefa Sanneh is all a-twitter over it, but as I said, he's extremely irksome.

In any case, the two best things to say about Nine Inch Nails have already been said. The first -- from an episode of Beavis and Butt-head, where the pair watched a NIN clip on MTV in which Reznor kept bumping into and knocking over the amplifiers. "I think," Butt-head intoned, "he should have prepared for this video a little better."

The second, from Courtney Love, who briefly, er, dated Reznor.

"It was more like Three Inch Nails."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that episode of B&B! Afterwards, Beavis said, "Thank you very much. We're Nine Inch Nails!"

God, I miss them...