Friday, June 01, 2007

Saturday Songcrush

Myracle Brah, "I'd Rather Be." Listen here.

I've been obsessing over this song the last week or so, thinking abut how much they do with single notes--it's really quite interesting.
Myracle Brah is the brainchild of Andy Bopp – front-man and songwriter for Interscope Records’ Lovenut. With the mega merger of Seagram’s, Polygram, and Universal, Andy dove into the Myracle Brah project full-time. Myracle Brah is now the primary vehicle for Andy’s expressive brand of guitar pop.

Hailing from Baltimore, MD, Myracle Brah churns out pristine pop with plenty of jangly psychedelic references. Critics have compared the band to a broad spectrum of 60’s artists: from the Byrds and the Beatles to Badfinger and the 70’s Raspberries. The blistering melodic jangle of subsequent releases has been compared to such acts as Teenage Fanclub, T-Rex, and David Bowie.


Gee, why would that appeal to me? Anyway, great song: Enjoy!

4 comments:

steve simels said...

Sheesh. Sounds like it was designed with my mind in mind.

It's taking forever to download, however.

steve simels said...

Sheesh. Sounds like it was designed with my mind in mind.

It's taking forever to download, however.

steve simels said...

Sorry for the double post.

Anyway -- what a ragingly beautiful song. Love the droney single note thing -- also those breathless little pauses.

Reminds me of an early 90s guy named Adam Schmitt (I forget if that's the right spelling).

Anonymous said...

The great Myracle Brah will be playing at the Lakeside Lounge in New York tomorrow night (Wed June 20) at 9pm.

I am trying to re-arrange some work issues in order to come up from Philly.

Maybe I'll see you there.