Thursday, June 21, 2007

Birthday Greetings to Ray Davies!

Today is the first day of summer and also the birthday of Raymond Douglas Davies, born June 21, 1944 in Fortis Green, London.

It's difficult for me to articulate my love for this man and his music, but suffice to say that it burns with the fury of a thousand suns. A few years back, I caught his one-man The Storyteller show and by its conclusion, when he finished with Days I was blubbering like a baby.

Cheers mate! The pints are on me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bootiful
go go boots that is

steve simels said...

KC --

You're reading my mind.

Didn't know it was Ray's birthday, but I was this close to posting a vintage video of the Kinks doing "Waterloo Sunset."

Hah!

Kid Charlemagne said...

Post it Steve! One can never get enough Kinks! Also, being it's his birthday and all!

Plum Pudding said...

J'adore Ray!!!