Monday, June 11, 2007

The Way We Were

Nice to see that The Connells are still doing business.

Back in the late 80s, these guys were pretty much my favorite mopey, vaguely melodic, jangly guitar college rock band. I actually dug them even more than (the objectively superior) R.E.M.

Alas, there's no video for my favorite Connells tune -- the enigmatic and haunting "Get a Gun" from their sublime 1990 album One Simple Word -- so I've deputized a clip for their elegaic whatever-became-of lament "74-75" in its absence.



Mopey, vaguely melodic, jangly guitar college rock really doesn't get much better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Replying from your Eschaton comment:

Actually, the one sexual fantasy I have left is sleeping with a Republican.

I assure you, it'll be a restful sleep.

Dems and anarchists, OTOH, will keep you awake.

(Great blog, btw! Buckley & The Remains... you must be as old as... me.)