Saturday, June 23, 2007

Dog Days of Summer

The mere fact that they got Peter Cook to do their intro proves that these guys deserve better than a footnote in rock history.



That's the Fabulous Poodles, of course. What a great song. And they had lots of them.

Back in the day, my first ex-wife, a very talented graphic designer, was working with some Brit photographers who were pals with Fab Poos singer Tony De Meur (get it?). He actually once came to our apartment for drinks dressed like he is in the video. That was his street outfit, apparently.

4 comments:

dave™© said...

Wow, I'd completely forgotten this song... thanks!

Anonymous said...

On a related note, this is just sheer genius.

NYMary said...

Oh, I loved this band! Still have this one on vinyl.

billy b said...

Wow. I hadn't heard that in years.

I had forgotten about the band.

The lass was about to come out of that top.