Well, it's Friday and you know what that means. Yes, in honor of the new Massachusetts mandatory gayness laws, my Oriental houseboy Kato and I will be donning our smoking jackets, firing up a couple of cubans, and relaxing with that Mitzi Gaynor reissue Mitt Romney sent us. So posting by moi will necessarily be sporadic for a day or two.
In the meantime, here's another little project for you all:
Best Whitegirl Covers of a Motown Song!!!!!
[utterly arbitrary rules: You are not allowed to nominate anything by Linda Ronstadt, especially her crappy version of "Heatwave." If you do nominate her, I swear to god I'll take a hostage. Also -- some of my choices may be intended ironically. Yours can't be. So there.]
My totally off the top of my head Top Six:
1. Money -- The Flying Lizards
2. Ain't That Peculiar -- Fanny (no video, alas)
3. What Becomes of the Brokenhearted -- Joan Osborne
4. Please Mr. Postman -- The Carpenters
5. Nathan Jones -- Bananarama
6. You Keep Me Hanging On -- Kim Wilde
Join in, won't you?