Well, it's Friday and you know what that means. Yes, my Oriental houseboy Kato and I are off to California for a tour of the upper crust Palm Springs locations used in the steamy yet highly realistic hit summer teen melodrama miniseries Hidden Palms (Wednesday nights on the CW!!!!).
A gay old time is guaranteed for all, if you know what I mean. But as a result, posting by moi will necessarily be a bit sporadic for a day or two.
In the meantime, here's another little project for you fine folks:
Best Ever (Non-Prog) Rock Instrumental!
[arbitrary rule: Joe Satriani, who I otherwise have no problem with, is prog, so don't nominate him]
My reasonably well-considered Top Ten:
1. Rumble -- Link Wray
2. The Man From HUAC -- Laika and the Cosmonauts
3. Beck's Bolero -- Jeff Beck
4. Apricot Brandy -- Rhinosceros
5. The Carlsberg Special -- Wizzard
6. Perfidia -- The Ventures
7. Sabre Dance -- Love Sculpture with Dave Edmunds
8. Theme from Star Wars -- Big Daddy (guitar instrumental a la the Ventures)
9. Like Long Hair -- Paul Revere and the Raiders
10. Cobwebs and Strange -- The Who
Join in, won't you?