Well, it's Friday, and you know what that means.
Yes, my Oriental houseboy Kato and I, inspired by the late Jacques Cousteau and the crew of the Calypso, are off to explore the colorful waterfront bars and nightclubs of Marseilles (we call it our "Allo, Sailor!" tour, for obvious reasons).
So posting by moi will necessarily be sporadic for a couple of days.
But in my absence, here's a fun project for you.
Best Whiteboy Covers of a Motown Song!!!!!
[utterly arbitrary rule: Nobody is allowed to nominate Soft Cell's Tainted Love, which sucks beyond measure. If anybody does nominate it, I swear to god I'm gonna take a hostage.]
Okay, here's my totally top of my head Top Ten.
1. First I Look at the Purse -- J.Geils Band
2. Where Did Our Love Go (studio version) -- J.Geils Band
3. Come See About Me -- Afghan Whigs
4. Money -- The Beatles
5. You Really Got a Hold on Me -- The Beatles
6. I 'm Losing You -- The Faces
7. Baby Don't You Do It -- The Who
8. Every Little Bit Hurts -- Small Faces
9. Do You Love Me -- Dave Clark Five
10. I Was Made to Love Her -- Beach Boys
Join in, won't you?