Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fun With Downloads: Special Modern Stoneage Family Edition

From 1982, it's pretty much my favorite novelty record ever!


This is the work of a bunch of Baltimore musicians who did it as a goof and wound up selling close to 35,000 copies back in the vinyl days, which was pretty amazing for an indie single. What I didn't know, and only just discovered while Googling, is that one of them is powerpop god Tommy Keene, here doing the serious Boss riffage on lead guitar.

In any case, it pretty much gets Springsteen to a tee, I think, and you can download it here. As always, if the authorization has expired by the time you get to it, e-mail me and I'll be happy to send you the mp3.

2 comments:

MBowen said...

I always thought the cover was brilliant, too.

Anonymous said...

The mp3 is available for download at

http://www.backstreets.com/downloads.html

*Bonus! Also available is Bruce Springstone doing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"