Monday, March 02, 2009

Fun With Downloads: Special À La Recherche du DFH's Perdu Edition

Ladies and gentlemen, from 1972, here's the one and only album by Milkwood. An acoustic guitars and harmony outfit so lame they make America sound like Rammstein.



So why do I bring up this less than a musical milestone? Because the guys in Milkwood were Ric Ocasek, Ben Orr and Greg Hawkes.

Starting in 1978, of course, you knew them better as New Wave icons The Cars.

You can download the album here. And trust me -- as hard as you listen, you will not be able to detect a chinchilla of that band's trademark melange of Buddy Holly-ish pop, steely avant-gardisms and punk-ish minimalism.

4 comments:

Sal Nunziato said...

"An acoustic guitars and harmony outfit so lame they make America sound like Rammstein."

hahaaaaaaaaaa. wow! phew.

The Kenosha Kid said...

OT: Wingnuts are linking to this site approvingly. do something!

steve simels said...

Kid:

I know -- one of them sent me several frothing e-mails yesterday objecting to the "bigotry" of my (frankly rather mild) joke about CPAC in Weekend Listomania.

Sounded exactly like a sort of generic Eschaton troll, actually.

MBowen said...

I wish I could get a better look at the cover shot...I'd love to get a real look at what they looked like back in the sensitive singer-songwriter era.